Tuesday 12 March 2013

Colour Block Butterflies

Good morning!
I have a quick post here before work...I'm also waiting for my workshop order to arrive...hope it gets here before I leave for work!

So here is a card I made last night whilst I was apparently 'in the zone'! I wanted to combine a few challenges I've seen over the last week, a couple of which that are asking for something a little 'different', like 'colour blocking' and 'negative die'.
So here's what I came up with...


I have used the Elegant Butterfly and the Bitty Butterfly punches, backed with coloured card to use both techniques. I really like the effect too...real CAS.


The sentiment is from Tiny Tags and the border was made using the Small Heart punch. Lots of punches on this one!

Supplies
Cardstock - Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Raspberry Ripple, Calypso Coral
Ink - Basic Black
Stamps - Tiny Tags
Punches - Small Heart, Elegant Butterfly, Bitty Butterfly

As you've noticed, I've used one of the soon to be retired colours, Calypso Coral, on my card. Isn't it lush? If you would like to get your hands on the retiring In Colours, or any other Stampin' Up! products, please do contact me and I'll be more than happy to take your order!

Challenges
RaspberryCoralCrumb

Right I'm off to work...could be a busy one as it's the first day of Cheltenham Races today! Have fun!


12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Lizy. Fabulous design. Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS wings challenge this week.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card you made. I love the butterfly punches from SU!

    x
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this is gorgeous Lizy
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizy. Another fabulous CAS design. Love the negative die-cuts ... great color combo too. And love the way you've re-purposed the heart punch for your border!! Fantastic! Thanks for joining us again at Addicted to Stamps & More. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Lizy, great technique and lovely colours.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome CAS card -- great neg bflies! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, Lizy! Great color combo. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color blocked butterflies!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful! I love how the colors really pop on the mostly white card! Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet butterflies! Thank you for joining us at PPA, Lizy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A true CAS card, which is stunning Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Clean and Simple - Wings. Caz.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x