Tuesday 23 July 2013

A Handmade Flower, or Two! (using Mosaic Punch)

Hello!
How are you today? 
I have finally got round to entering this week's challenge at Less Is More! The theme is 

HANDMADE FLOWERS

I LOVE flowers and using them in one way or another on my cards so I thought I would have a go at something I have been meaning to try...


From the minute I saw the Mosaic punch I just knew it would make fab flowers. And I was right!

I stamped and punch 5 'petals' from the Mosaic Bundle, using Calypso Coral cardstock and Basic Black Ink, and arranged them as above. The centre is another handmade flower using the brilliant Simply Pressed Clay. I have a selection of white clay flowers and buttons just ready to colour using my Stampin' Write Markers...I can match them to any project this way!

The scoring was created using my Simply Scored tool and the paper piercing used the Paper Piercing Essentials pack. The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners set, cut out using the Bitty Banners Framelits.

Supplies
Cardstock - Whisper White, Calypso Coral
Stamps - Itty Bitty Banners, Mosaic Madness
Ink - Basic Black
Punches/Dies - Bitty Banners Framelits, Mosaic Punch
Tools - Simply Scored, Paper Piercing Essentials Pack
Other - Simply Pressed Clay, Simply Pressed Silicone Moulds, Pearls from stash
Ribbon - Basic Black Taffeta 

 If you would like to order any of the other fabulous new products, please do contact me and I will be very happy to place your order for you.

Please click on the catalogue link on my sidebar to browse the yummy new catalogue, or for £4.95 inc. p&p I can send you your very own copy to drool over and write your wishlist in!


Challenges
Thanks so much for your continued support...it means a lot that you all regularly pop by and leave me a comment, even when I don't always get time to comment back! I am trying to get better at it!

Have a lovely Tuesday!

15 comments:

  1. AWESOME way to make your own flowers, Lizy. Perfectly CAS too. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning CAS card Lizy, I love how you have created the flowers and the paper piercing really does showcase the flower. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bloom. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Lizy, loving your fab flower!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great handmade flower Lizy, what a good idea!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a clever idea, love that mosaic punch petals in combination with the centre 'flower'. Your card design works rally well, great stitching and scattered pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so stunning lizy.your flower is gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just created a flower with my punch on the weekend, so fun! Love all the white space! Thanks for playing Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lizy
    Fabulous card.... Clever idea....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant idea Lizy.
    I can't 'do' CAS :( !!
    It's such a shame that there isn't a Stampin Up challenge blog - that would be cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at TPC

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant idea Lizy with the Mosaic punch - I hadn't thought of that! Love the clay flower in the centre too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great idea Lizy!
    Super job.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-230.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x