Monday 8 July 2013

Stamping on Simply Pressed Clay!

Hello!
I did it!! I beat my 35 minute target for the Race For Life! I managed it in 32:30 mins! My previous best was around 38 mins so I am very happy with my time! 30 mins to beat next year then! ;) Here are some photos (I haven't added the bad ones lol!)



The three Ladbrokes girls with Adam Caterall from Key 103!

It is not too late to sponsor me...my page will be open for a while so I would love it if you give a little, give a lot, give what you can...it is for Cancer Research, and I am sure we can all say we have been touched by cancer at some point in our lives.


Ok, so now for today's card. I promised you a different way to use Simply Pressed Clay, and here it is!


I have used the fab Six Sided Sampler stamp and matching Hexagon punch. I've also teamed the brand new Coastal Cabana with the lovely Pool Party for a fresh look.

So have you spotted it yet? Yup, the butterfly! As you may know, I like to experiment a little and 'play' with products so I was more than thrilled when this worked! 


I rolled out my clay onto a non-stick craft sheet, then after stamping off the butterfly stamp to remove some of the lush Strawberry Slush ink, then stamped it onto the clay. I let the clay dry, then carefully cut out the butterfly. It is a very light and very flexible embellishment, and I think, if it were varnished, it would be waterproof and good for a brooch or decoration for a headband...I shall be trying that soon! :)

Supplies
Stamp - Six Sided Sampler, Papillon Potpourri
Ink - Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo, Pool Party
Other - Simply Pressed Clay
Punch - Hexagon Punch

If you would like to order these sentiments, any of the products I have used, or any of the other fabulous new products, please do contact me and I will be very happy to place your order for you.

Please click on the catalogue link on my sidebar to browse the yummy new catalogue, or for £4.95 inc. p&p I can send you your very own copy to drool over and write your wishlist in!

Challenges

I hope you'll give this fab technique a try and if you do, please let me know so I can come see :)
Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great way of using the clay Lizy - I love your butterfly! Congratulations on beating your Race for Life target and well done for raising money for such a worthwhile cause. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizy
    FABULOUS result with your running. congratulations.
    I love that clay, it seems to me to have all sorts of possibilities and is so easy to use, much friendlier than Fimo etc. I'm going to call that colour Strawberry Lush from now on - it's my new favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lizy. I've been eyeing up that stamp set! Love how you've made the butterfly with the clay, love that colour.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, well done you Lizy for your time, amazing stuff girlie!! Beautiful card too honey :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x