Sunday 7 July 2013

Partial Embossing using an Embossing Folder

Good morning!
And another bright and sunny one it is too!

Here is one of the cards I made at Jen's yesterday afternoon whilst there with Vicky too.


I decided I needed to try my hand at a male anniversary/valentine card as I have none in my box! Can you see how the card has been partially embossed? I did this popping my card blank into my Argyle EF and taping it shut so the card doesn't move. I then taped a strip of double thickness chipboard across the outside of the EF, where I wanted embossing. With the chipboard side down, I ran it through my bigshot missing the bottom clear plate. I repeated this step further down the card to create another strip.


The word 'love' is stamped onto the card blank using my brand new Morning Post stamp set, and I cut out the 'O' and popped it up for dimension! The button is made from the fabby Simply Pressed Clay...it has added no weight to my card at all! The hearts were sadly retired a while ago.

Supplies
Stamp - Morning Post
Ink - Real Red, Island Indigo
Embossing - Argyle EF
Other - Simply Pressed Clay & Moulds, Island Indigo Baker's Twine

If you would like to order these sentiments, any of the products I have used, or any of the other fabulous new products, please do contact me and I will be very happy to place your order for you.

Please click on the catalogue link on my sidebar to browse the yummy new catalogue, or for £4.95 inc. p&p I can send you your very own copy to drool over and write your wishlist in!


Challenges

Right I have to go now! I am running the Race For Life at 11...I would love it if you would sponsor me!


Thank you if you already have sponsored me...it is a very worthy cause and it will be greatly appreciated!

Do come back tomorrow and I'll let you know how I got on, plus I have different of using the Simply Pressed Clay to show you!
Have a great Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. so stunning lizy.fab effect with the embossing and I love your wording and hearts :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Lizy. I love the colour combo and the effect of the partial embossing.

    Hope the race went well. It was a beautiful warm day here today so I hope it wasn't to hot for running for you!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for this technique for a while now so thanks for sharing Lizy. It's a great effect and your card is a perfect male card. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique take on the sketch! Love the clean look. Thanks for joining me for my 100th sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week for our "dry embossing" challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely CAS card, looks just perfect!
    thanks for playing along with us at TPC this week X Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this effect Lizy, what a super idea! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this card it is full of hearts which I love. Thanks for playing along at OSCC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x