Saturday 6 July 2013

Less Is More - Shades Of Grey!

Good morning LIMettes!
Wow what a stunner of a day it is today! I have woken up to glorious sunshine and birds singing, and headed to my craft room in anticipation of a lovely summery colour challenge over at Less Is More, so imagine my surprise when this is what I saw...


Yup! Now maybe Chrissie and Jen were anticipating the 'usual' summer weather when they set this challenge, I don't know, but I can tell you that I have never felt less inspired lol!

Nonetheless, here is my very grey entry!


I only really have one shade of grey in Stampin' Up! colours as I don't have the brand new Smoky Slate yet, but Basic Gray does manage to become different shades when used in different ways. I used a Basic Gray card blank, Basic Gray ink, and then the This 'n That Washi Tape which looks like 2 shades when used on a grey card blank. The ink spray was created using the sadly retired Spritzer Tool.


The sentiment was created by combining 2 of the ones from the brand new Six Sided Sampler Stamp Set.

I used the funky sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch for my card.

If you would like to order these sentiments, any of the products I have used, or any of the other fabulous new products, please do contact me and I will be very happy to place your order for you.
Please click on the catalogue link on my sidebar to browse the yummy new catalogue, or for £4.95 inc. p&p I can send you your very own copy to drool over and write your wishlist in!

What have you got planned for the weekend? I am am running the Race For Life tomorrow, and I will be honest, I am not looking forward to it given the heatwave! However, I will complete it, and I was wondering if any of you lovely LIMettes would like to sponsor me? I have a Just Giving page here where you can securely donate any amount of money you like. I know that Cancer Research need every penny, so please give a little, if you can!

I will post some pics afterwards as proof I did it!

Have a lovely weekend all of you...enjoy the sun! I'm off crafting with Jen and Vicky! :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi hun, it may be very grey but its actually really classy, and great for a guy! Good luck tomorrow sweet, I've done it 5 times, albeit walked and kind of jogged, not really built for running! I lost my dad to cancer in 2005 so know how much this charity needs us xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Card is fab Lizy. Good luck with the race tomorrow, have just donated hope lots of others do as well :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the use of the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real grey and a real stilish card! Good luck tomorrow with the run! Have a sporty-creative weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. First yet again Lizy, it's getting to be quite a habit!
    I really love your 'very grey' entry!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Lizy! I still haven't managed to get sorted with mine... I wish I was the Vicky that you were off crafting with! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to combine the challenges Lizzy - love the grey on grey with the washi.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Hope the race went well and you reached your target. I popped over on Sat to donate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x